Quotes

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

"....each day's a gift and not a given right......"

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Emergency Room AGAIN!!

Well it was another one of THOSE days again. I haven't had one in awhile, thank goodness! So I had more troubles sleeping again and Trish let me sleep in and went to church without me. When she came home we had to change my bandage on my Hickman line. Just my luck, it looked, and felt, like I had another site infection AGAIN! It really was painful to even touch. So we paged the specialists nurse and she called the doctor. The doctor decides that it would be best to go to the E.R. and get it checked out just to be safe. Anyone who has ever been to the E.R. knows what a pain in the behind that can be, especially on the weekend! So the specialist nurse called ahead to let them know we where coming and what tests the doctor needed them to run to check out my line. To no big surprise, no one at the E.R. new what we were talking about. So we asked them to page my nurse. Two hours later they came back and said that they could not get ahold of anyone. So they took off the bandage to look at it and said that it didn't look that bad and prescribed a broad spectrum antibiotic and sent me home. This stupid drug was going to cost us 42 dollars after the insurance paid for their portion!!! So we paged the nurse and she called back only to find out the E.R. had released us without even doing the tests. She told us to go back and tell them to run the tests, and she called the E.R. and really chewed them out. So this time they took us right back, and they where told that they would not be charging us for another visit, and that I was not to wait but to be taken right back and taken care of. I went back and this time the E.R. was totally crowded! But they did what they where told and took me right back, I was out of there in less than an hour this time. I still had to buy the drug and start taking it though. So our WHOLE afternoon, 6 hours at least, was spent on my medical stuff again. At least the kids were still with grandma so that they didn't have to go with us.

I do have to say that the IMC, the new hospital in Murray, was an incredibly awesome sight to see!! It was huge!! You could easily get lost in the emergency room it was that big. They can definitely handle any massive emergency problem without having any problems. They had so many rooms and nursing stations that I almost needed a wheelchair to get to the minor injury rooms in the back. Also, the rooms where they put us had televisions in them to help pass the time. It still took 3 hours to get me discharged the first time though. Now if that is not a window into my medical life I don't know what is!! That is just more fun for me, hah hah. Poor trish was having a meltdown though, this kind of stuff really puts her through the wringer with worry. I just take it all in and just have to laugh it off. I'm not dead yet and I'm not planning on getting there anytime soon. It is a very good thing I am so mellow because it does help trish calm down easier. She doesn't understand how I am not freaking out over all this medical stuff, and I don't know what to tell her. I just am way to easy going to really get freaked out all that much. It makes us a good match as a family though. If she where as easy going as I am nothing good would ever happen to us. And if I were as wound up as she gets sometimes I think that we would have to take therapy, and pills to try to help us, hah hah. Well that's all for today, and hopefully for a while!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You guys are a great balance! I'm glad you calm her down sometimes ;) You are our favorites!!