Quotes
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
"....each day's a gift and not a given right......"
"....each day's a gift and not a given right......"
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
More NEWS on the Health Front!
Well I had a very unhappy visit with my specialist docs. about my disease. It turns out, and I kind of new this already because I could feel it, that my disease has started progressing more on the downhill side of things. I knew this was going to be a struggle and a fight on a slippery slope when I was diagnosed and told I probably only had 3 to 5 years to live. Of course, according to my wife, this news didn't phase me much because I always assumed I wouldn't see 25 years of age when I started having some serious problems at 19. So seeing 32+ years to me was a great thing! Now I am 36 and can feel things getting away from me. Now this doesn't really scare me at all which to some might seem very strange, but I have great doctors that are doing wonderful things to help me stay around longer but there is only so much medical studies on my disease, and only so many drugs that are effective. The one I am on is top notch, there is nothing else that is stronger that they can do. Well I could start to feel some of the old symptoms starting to show up again, so when I went to my doc. they decided instead of upping my dose, to add more diuretics to my medicine arsenal. Some don't know this, but besides the constant pump, I now take 4 other medications for this disease, and 3 medications for other problems. I also have 2 types of insulin shots I give a minimum of 5 times a day! It is a good thing this disease hasn't hurt my brain,(according to me not my wife...LOL), otherwise I could never keep them all in order! Well, they are hoping to shed some water weight that I have been dealing with, which should help my heart, and at the same time will make my medication a little more effective without increasing my dosage. Some of you may remember 4 years age when they started me on this pump medicine. The side effects of every little increase are PAINFUL, they make you wish you were dead, honestly. So on the bright side, I WILL outlive their original time restraints, but it obviously won't last forever. This does not make me sad, it just makes me want to fight harder, and do as much as I possibly can with ALL of my family before I cash in my chips. No depression on my part, and I know that people don't understand why, and honestly I am not sure I do either. I just don't feel sorry for myself I have to many others to worry about, like T's cousin Paul Cardall who is waiting for a new heart and is struggling himself, and my dad who diabetes is so bad that he finally let me convince him to go see the same endocrinologist that I see for my diabetes! I hope he listens to him and takes care of himself cause he makes me worry! I also worry more about my wife and kids, I hope they will be fine after I am gone. We have great friends and neighbors and awesome family so I don't worry too much but it is a thought that is always in the back of my mind!! I know I am rambling but I am going to ramble anyway!!!! This new medication has a mild steroid in it and I am not sure what that will do to me, the doctor said it could cause swelling but we will see. I have to a lot of blood work in the next couple of weeks to make sure nothing is getting messed up. You gotta love getting blood test every week RIGHT!!! Just kidding, well, that is all for now I will try to break myself away from Facebook to keep this updated but we will see!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that you share all of your health updates with us--even though it's not usually good news. It's good to see that you are so positive through everything, you're such a great example to everyone! You definitely make me more grateful for the good health that I do have--and living a relatively pain-free life. We all take so much for granted and you help me remember that. Thanks for sharing.
*sniff* Oh, they are just bodies, right?! I mean thanks to Adam and Eve we get to eat nails (as my grandpa says) all the days of our lives...LOL. I'm so glad you are our friends, even though I give you so much crap! We will take as much of you as we can get and Trish and the boys will be taken care of no matter what! I agree with Liesl...you are a good positive example to us. That is nice to see.
Post a Comment