Quotes

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

"....each day's a gift and not a given right......"

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not Sure!!

So I haven't posted in quite awhile, and my blog really has been lacking. So here goes. Health wise, I am still stable. Not quite sure exactly what that means but it sounds good right!! I still have many ups and downs on a day to day basis, but for the most part I am doing o.k. I still have problems sleeping and haven't seemed to be able to get on a good sleep schedule. I think that is all about me health wise.
So since I don't sleep anyway, I sometimes lay awake and think about things that I really don't like to think about. Such as the state of affairs of our country and how we got to this point! I am not a political person by any means, nor am I a great thinker, but I do have some things that I wonder about. Way back in the "good old days" a person did business simply by his "word" and a handshake. You never gave your word unless you could fulfill the promise, and this was enough for most people. Fast forward a few decades and people were using contracts and lawyers. Word of mouth was not even acceptable as a business proposition because people would no longer keep there promise. Fast forward to now, you can no longer even trust a piece of paper because people still find ways to cheat others out of their money and homes using contracts. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to take people by their word like the "good old days!!" I think the world would be a whole different place if we could, and if their weren't people that always want something for nothing. Enough of this, I don't thing it even makes sense because it was 3 in the morning and I was sick when I was thinking about all of this. One more thing though, what ever happened to an "honest days work for an honest days pay??" Some of these people stealing money through ponzi schemes and whatever spend so much time lying and cheating that I think they work twice as hard to steal than if they just got a real job and where being honest!! Sorry, I promise I am done! Well my blog isn't very interesting this time, but at least I updated it right??

2 comments:

Liesl said...

yay, you updated! :) it's good to hear from you, I think we all agree about the past vs. the present. . .but, sorry you're up in the middle of the night thinking about it!!!

Jenny said...

I agree, and it really wasn't that long ago either! I haven't been sleeping this week at night either, and my mind goes a million miles an hour worrying about things I never used to think about before...so I completely relate. Sleep sure would be nice, wouldn't it?!